27 Promises to Myself on my 27th Birthday
I'll be turning 27 on July 20th.
This year, instead of thinking about everything I haven't managed to do yet, I'm going to make myself 27 promises of things I WILL do this year.
1. I will manage my stress better (acknowledge it for start)
2. I will read one book a month (let's be realistic, one a week isn't going to happen)
3. I will meditate at least 3 times a week (it should be every morning but... baby steps)
4. I will think kind thoughts when I look in the mirror
5. I will eat more fruits and vegetables
6. I won't let fear of failure stop me from making a move
7. I will publish a blog post at least once a month
8. I will come to terms with my natural hair (it's finally growing out enough for me to make good on this one)
9. I will grow my network every day (Twitter, LinkedIn and Insta, baby!)
10. I will go to more career-oriented events - professional growth, yo!
11. I will drink more water
12. I will continue to believe that I'll find the one I'm meant to be with
13. I will stay close with my friends no matter where this year takes me
14. I will try to be more patient with my mother's lack of technological prowess
15. I will get out of the month-to-month financial situation
16. I will wear my reading glasses more (although I hate them)
17. I will take Stella on longer walks (and walk myself around the city while I'm at it)
18. I will think positively - when a negative thought comes on, I will consciously push it aside
19. I won't sweat the small stuff (whatever they may be)
20. I will tell my parents how much I love them more often
21. I will practice what I preach (on social media and in person!)
22. I will disconnect from tech when I feel overwhelmed
23. I will let go of the past (AKA the things I cannot change)
24. I will learn to wear makeup better! Hey there, YouTube tutorials!
25. I will advertise my blog in a stronger way (any advice there, guys?)
26. I will lease or own my own car for the first time in my life!
27. I will love myself and everything I have to offer the world - there is only ONE of me