28 #Goals On My 28th Birthday
I love birthdays.
I love growing and evolving.
I even love the direction my life is taking.
With that being said, I've decided to use this occasion of this 28th birthday of mine to make a list of goals that I vow to at the very least attempt with all the effort I can muster!
Geographical location: San Diego, California
Mental state: Never 100% but who wants that? Real talk, I feel better and better, more myself, every year.
- Go on at least one road trip.
- Grow my savings account.
- Pay off credit cards. Don't you judge me.
- Meal prep (almost) every weekend. Sometimes a girl just needs to order in.
- Drink at least one bottle of wine a week. What?! they say it's good for you.
- Read the entire Old Testament front to back. This one is not a religious feat but a spiritual and inquisitive one.
- Be kind to myself. Make that inner dialogue my friend.
- Remember that everyone has a story, so not to jump to conclusions.
- Moisturize every damn day. Hell, do the whole skin care regimen morning and evening. just because I'm 28 doesn't mean I can't look 18.
- Cherish the friends I have around me.
- Stay in touch with the friends that are not.
- Sleep as much as I damn well please.
- Wear sun screen when I go in the sun. It took just one serious burn to make me put this one on the list.
- Look back with no regret.
- Strengthen my friendships and make some new ones.
- Eat healthy 80% of the time. Can't stop won't stop with the pizza.
- Speak to my family more.
- Take steps to self care as often as I want. It's all about the Netflix and boozy brunches.
- Step out of my comfort zone whenever possible.
- Write more blog posts.
- Make an effort to find love.
- Work on knowing what I'm worth and not questioning it.
- Cuddle with Stella every single day.
- Take my career to the next level within my current position. I'm all about learning, working hard, playing harder, taking initiatives and kicking as whenever possible.
- Spend less time on social media. I love me some IG and FB but damn I clock too many hours on that.
- Take the nonprofit I volunteer with to the next level. (Shameless plug: SoCal Youth Alliance)
- Meditate more. My mind tends to go on a tangent internally and I then find myself panicking for no reason. So here's to shutting off and breathing.
- Embrace who I am both physically and intellectually. We are all beautiful in our own way, really.